The Honourable J. David Wake, Integrity Commissioner, is conducting an inquiry under s.31 of the Members’ Integrity Act, 1994. The inquiry is in response to a request from Kevin Yarde, MPP Brampton North, about Premier Doug Ford, MPP Etobicoke North.
The Commissioner will have no further comment about the inquiry.
As required by the Act, a report will be filed with the Speaker of the Legislative Assembly of Ontario once the inquiry has been concluded. It will also be published on the Office website.
About the OIC
The Office of the Integrity Commissioner has five key responsibilities:
- Members’ Integrity, providing confidential conflict of interest advice to MPPs;
- Ministers’ Staff Ethical Conduct, providing conflict of interest advice to more than 400 members of Ministers’ staff;
- Lobbyists registration, operating Ontario’s lobbyist registry and conducting investigations into matters of potential non-compliance;
- Disclosure of wrongdoing, receiving whistle-blowing complaints from current and former members of the Ontario Public Service; and,
- Reviewing the travel, meal and hospitality expenses of Cabinet Ministers, opposition leaders, and selected agencies.
An Officer of the Legislative Assembly, the Integrity Commissioner is independent of government.
Ce communiqué est également disponible en français.
Michelle Renaud, Senior Advisor - Policy and Outreach
Office of the Integrity Commissioner